No announcement yet.

End of the line for the Eflite Blanik!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the line for the Eflite Blanik!

Just wanted to let you know that the Blanik has been discontinued by Horizon, they have non in stock, but do have some parts still available!
    So what is taking it's place along with the ASW?

Jeremy and Ben

SCCAAA TT TN

I will miss the blanik.... has been a great start for a lot of peoples

Stéphane
    Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

See ya little buddy!!
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

That was a sailplane that I really felt drew in newer members with it's size, durability and looks. For more experienced pilots, they knew the deal you got by buying that ARF and adding it to your stable of airplanes. Jeremy, I sent your information out to our club members as several of them own that Blanik. Once those parts are gone, they are gone! Trying to drum up business for you brother!

Comment

• Swiss1
          Swiss1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank's Tim, now how about that Parrot you asked me about brother!

I have two... an old beat up one and one I boutght from the top deck of a Rhine River Cruise barge a few years ago.. Still not together, but getting there'

the value has just gone up ):

Comment

Me too, bought one when they first came out, and picked up a NIB few month ago. Damaged the landing gear lite ply structure at the Visalia AeroTow last week when it came in crosswind. There was a lot of splinters inside, pieces of broken bulkhead. And messed up the wheel, the side load bent the alum hub. Now I have a chance to put some good quality plywood in and glass it properly. The wheel was a nice touch but is not worth $25.00 for a replacement.

Brian, an EAJ

Comment

I've got two and they will fly! I am truly thankful that Horizon Hobbies provides models like the Blanik!

Comment

• Mosquito
              Mosquito commented
              Editing a comment
              Two of them Michael????

Pete Goldsmith and the crew at Horizon have done an incredibly good service to the growth and quality of our hobby with the Blanik and ASW.

Great flying sailplanes, sensible pricing and the ability for a builder to make mods and take them to the next level. I hope they replace the Blanik with something that keeps the positive momentum going.
            Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Working...
            X