No announcement yet.

Arcus/Duo/Janus/Nimbus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used that same slot style release for years on a previous sailplane and it worked flawlessly. Great work Stephane!

Comment

some small work, the front wheel protection to avoid flooding the fuse. Two balsa templates, some more balsa and CA and epoxy to make it splash proof

Sans titre by steffruelle, sur Flickr

And the last week work, the mighty canopy! My most hated part.....

a bit of paint on the frame, I like to use gray or granite cans, then some glue and waiting on the tail to balance the beast.

Now is a good time to think about the scheme, light blue will be of course the flavor as I still have a tonne of vinyl left from my SZD scheme
      Stéphane
      Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Amazing work Stephane !

Comment

Quite a lot achieved since then,

last week end I started finishing the wings and got a provoking text from Peter ; "ready to Fly in Monticello?"

Well I guess he pumped me up! the two wings have been finished between Saturday night and Tuesday, as usual vinyl as a covering material..

servo have been fixed in the wings and we were ready to roll to Monticello to finish it

Stéphane

Comment

Friday night,I balanced the Janus, glued the canopy and was ready to do my maiden on Saturday...

It went like a charm, not a click of trim, after the first tow, the release went without any problem, two turn and a dive to verify the CG. CG is dead on, slight pull out of the dive... as I was having quite some speed, I pulled and used that precious energy to loop it, a big tall loop, and again gaining energy we went to a roll and a stall turn. It is quite as if I had flown that plane for a while...

here is some picture, and I can't hide my joy!

I put some temporary trim just for the day, the final scheme will be applied later on

Ready for the ride

a beautifull ride

Landing, notice the wing shape with the air pressure as the wing in on crow

here is an happy camper

Stéphane

Comment

• ARUP
              ARUP commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful! I witnessed the whole flight and the Janus is very majestic on the ground and in the air! Great job, Stéphane! You are a model building machine!!!

another fine model Stephane, you're a master builder and should be proud.
            Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Great fun to watch the progress and success Stephane !!

Joe

Comment

Working...
              X