3.3M SebArt Blanik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.3M SebArt Blanik

Working on this and the RobinS towplane for Model Aviation. Thought I'd give you guys a little preview.

First, these are two pretty nice kits. Both are well built and the Robin is fun to fly and different enough that a lot of people (most even) have to ask what it is.

The Blanik is fun to fly, tows easily, and thermals pretty well. The quality and fit of the kit, paint job on the fuselage, and covering are all quite high. Flaps only, no spoilers and no good provisions for adding them. I'm spoiled by my big one in that regard but truthfully it does fine without spoilers.

The pair is on the edge for towing but it can be done if done carefully.

Full report coming out with video in MA in a couple of months (I think its the October issue)

Some more

Comment

What size is that Robin S Andy?

Jeremy and Ben
      SCC AAA TT

Comment

69" Wingspan 6S Hacker setup

http://www.sebart.it/50E-class.html about half way down the page. SebArt USA is the distributor

Comment

I will be interested in getting your thoughts about trike-gear towplanes.

Comment

Interesting question and I wondered the same thing. Really it was no different, power up and tow.

I always learn something cool about f/s planes doing reviews because I like to throw in some info about the full scale and the Robin DR400 is used quite a bit for towing in Europe.

Comment

Jodel Robins make great tugs, both full size and model size. I saw a few at the Wasserkuppe towing in Germany and I got a tow behind this one (see photo) in Roedermark.

Comment

Been flying my seba Blanik for awhile it's a great airframe and easier to,handle than the h9 version. Very aerobatic and thermals quite well. Working on theH9 super d as a tug now.

Comment

That 'baby Blanik' is really neat! I bet a suitably fitted V-tailed Beechcraft Bonanza model would make a great tow plane!

Comment

Mine should be in the next issue of Model Aviation

Comment

Working...
                    X