No announcement yet.

1/2 scale Lo100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both wings now have leading edges and all the flying surfaces removed ready for hinging and servo set up, my goal is to have the wings ready for covering with in this next fortnight, I want to have the whole airframe to the same point ready for fabric at the same time as its going to be a big job so if I can keep swapping different bits around on the bench as the pries bits are drying I should loose too much time waiting for drying etc, thats the plan anyway.

Comment

Glad to see you back in the saddle!

Comment

Hooly Dooly, Cant believe its a year since my last update here, well the good news is Im on the home stretch now, Wings are now covered tailplane and rudder is covered, fuselage will be getting a layer of glass this week, while waiting on glass work to cure Ill cover flaps and ailerons then it will be time for the Prepaint dry run assemble, exciting times ahead now.

regards, Alexis

Comment

Yayyyyy! That bird is HUGE!

Comment

I had a little trouble logging back in here, anyway all good now, heres some progress, the Rudder and tailplane is covered and painted the wings are covered and I have made harness etc for the pilot, my pilot has new hands made by me from a product that the name escapes me at the moment but its granular plastic that goes soft in hot water and very hard and durable oce cooled again. I'm waiting on a new head for her but for now she will have to do, still havent glassed fuselage as Ive spent some more time tidying up bits and bobs first

Comment

Alexis, are using Insta Morph
              Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!

Jeremy
              SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss1 View Post
                Alexis, are using Insta Morph
                Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!

Jeremy
                SCCAAA TT TN
                I believe the product I played with is called Polymorph but I'm sure its the same type of material,

Comment

Fuselage all glassed and now Ive been using a technique I saw watching youtube clips where a razor blade is used to clean up the surface before filling and priming for paint, Really happy that part of the build is over now its time to sand sand sand and then soe filling sanding filling sanding and some more fillig and sanding

Comment

Good progress today spent my time between housework taping,bogging,sanding repeat, feeling Happy

Comment

On the home stretch now, really getting excited about how shes looking,

Comment

Wow,
                        That is big! Look at the wing cord on that thing... Should be a FLOATER for sure.
                        Thanks for the inspiration...
                        Len Buffinton
                        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• ARUP
                          ARUP commented
                          Editing a comment
                          +1 That thing is HUGE!

The final pre aint jobs continue, last night I started running all the wiring through and did the final set up of elevaor drives, I've made brass tube inserts for the connection between the pushrods end and elevator horns so now when I assemble the tail I can drop the new brass tube horn ends into the aluminialuminium pushrod ends and secure with a screw through both, I also rebuilt the rudder drive with a double ball on the idler bellcrank which has removed all slop and improved the geometry of that somewhat, the rear of the fuselage is now all programmed and working I have had the wings all working but will be doing another final hook up and test of flaps and ailerons before paint now that the hinging is all permanently attached, I've settled on ,in the cavity under the wing as the perfect spot for the receiver so the extension leads all are set up to go up to there including doubled up power wiring from the Front mounted battery tray.

Comment

Progress before work today,

Comment

• ARUP
                            ARUP commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's going to be one good looking bird!

esenberg

Well my pilot was printed from a file that is definitely Patrick stuart, but obviously my painting has altered him a little and so many have commented that he looks like Walter white? As a fan of the show, I couldn't resist helping that idea along and last night I needed a diversion from.painting and add o sat after work with needle and thread and a piece of felt fabric and here's the result

Comment

Wings are painted and pilots head now has a servo in it cant show any video of the head in action yet as I only have a few seconds of Facebook video of that so far

Comment

Working...
                            X