No announcement yet.

1/2 scale Lo100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bird is big enough you just might find functioning instruments for that panel!

Comment

Originally posted by ARUP View Post
      That bird is big enough you just might find functioning instruments for that panel!
      I have had silly thoughts like that before, but im really building this as a model i wamt to enjoy hotdogging around so perhaps next big one Ill go looking 😆
      Last edited by Alexis Scott; 11-16-2016, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I do like this model....I drooled over a 1/3scale Lo100 that a German modeler/pilot brought from Europe, at one of the old elmira Aerotows back in the late 90's! I believe it was an FG fuselage and CNC wings. This one is more impressive....and as I already said...I have a 1/2 scale pilot for it

Comment

Originally posted by Xroadie View Post
          I do like this model....I drooled over a 1/3scale Lo100 that a German modeler/pilot brought from Europe, at one of the old elmira Aerotows back in the late 90's! I believe it was an FG fuselage and CNC wings. This one is more impressive....and as I already said...I have a 1/2 scale pilot for it
          I believe Rosenthal did Glass Lo100 fuselages, i initially wanted to build 1/3 scale but Andy and Shane had already done the beautiful cad work for the 1/2 when my deal was struck, Im so glad ive gone this way its been so much fun, i now need to clear off my bigger bench so i can make a start on the wings in the next few days
          Last edited by Alexis Scott; 11-16-2016, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Have you ever seen how an LO100 flies without it's fin and ridder?

Comment

Yes that clip is part of the film "Kunst am Himmel "and is where i first fell in love with the Lo 100, whilst recovering from a fairly serious work accident i was given a vhs tape in hostpital that had about an hour and a half of Arnold Hoffman and freinds and their scale soaring exploits and also Kunst am himmel so I laid in my hostpital bed daydreaming of the day i woyld have a big Lo100 and here we are 😆😆😆

Comment

Dang! That was brutal! Okay, Alexis... I better not see you trying that kind of flying with this bird!

Comment

Originally posted by ARUP View Post
                  Dang! That was brutal! Okay, Alexis... I better not see you trying that kind of flying with this bird!
                  I dont think ill be doing inverted passes thst low, but i do enjoy a good hot dog flight

Comment

Call it procrastination🤔but instead of clearing iff the big bench to get ready for building the wings I took a break from the serious building and made some belts to keep the pilot in

Comment

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 9:24 am

Finally some progress on the wings, im assembling a kit of the ply skins all cut to shape first then ill finish all the spar slots and glue them in, once I have a wing i can man handle around in one piece ill be slicing the back of the foam of back to 6mm in front of the hinge line and facing this with 2 pieces of 6.5mm balsa then ill have good straight wings to start building aileron and flap onto the back off and because they are full skun control surfaces im going to build them straight onto the top of the bottom skin then i can sand the whole lot to profile before adding top ply skin, ill also chamfer the trailing edge bottom skin so that the top skin of 1.5mm will be the maximum thickness of the training edge

Comment

So, spars and joiner tubes are now in and done, not a very exciting picture so i wont bother with that,.a couple of my scale soaring buddies showed me a dash panel for what looks like it could be from.an Lo100 and it was full of ipad screens etc, and gave me a little bit of stick about my simple 4 dials so ive retaliated with what you see here, my plan is to make a dummy frame to go around this old samsung phone to make it look like the Garmin in te other picture, now tbe phone doesnt have an active sim so real time gps is out for now but i figure i can save a little video file to the phone so tbat it will appear to be working whilst im flying, (bring on the head cam in cockpit vodeos now i say)

Comment

Darn technology sneaking into even the Vintage ships now. Argh!!!!
                          Len Buffinton
                          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by lenb View Post
                            Darn technology sneaking into even the Vintage ships now. Argh!!!!
                            I agree Len, but ive toyed with ideas like this on other projects and never got around to it so, eh why not? Bit of a laugh really

Comment

Very eccited today i managed to bolt dowm the wing onto the fuselage and see how she looked, now its onto the trailing edge shape and making all tbe bits movable, ive discoverd tbe real Lo100 has some negative flap avaliable which im sure wkll be handy so im currently rethinking my simple botttom himged flaps to incorporate slight reflex

Comment

Wishing a veey Merry Christmas and fanraatic new year to all on Scale Soaring its s really busy time of year for a Dad and chef so not lots happening but im trying to keep this project rolling along, left wing now has a trailing edge of aileron and flap made of 1.5mm ply with balsa ribs, so far Im happy with the results, i have a full kit of bits to bring the othercwing uo to this point aswell so hopefully in a few days both wings will be rrady for leading edge sheeting and cap stripping

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X