No announcement yet.

1/2 scale Lo100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres what Ive come up with, as there is an access hatch in the side Im making a telescopic horn,the outer stays connected to the pushrod and the inner is part of the elevator and the only thing I need to do through the access panel is screw a self tapping screw through the aluminium outer into the nylon inner so that i can't fall of, so far in testing Im finding zero slop and yet quick and easy to assemble,one for each elevator half and only one screw which by using socket cap self tappers should stay on the end of my driver for installation at the feild

I like the pin and fork idea Arup also, that is what my Bowlus Super Albatross and Dittmar condor both have

Comment

not a huge step done late tonight but the elevators are now hinged with Giant Robart points that I carefully filled away the flared or peened side and removed the rivet so that I could then use a removable pin, they are also skinned in Balsa now

Comment

Ok having been a sorry customer of Samsung and their ticking time bomb note 7, updates to this thread have been a bit slow, Now im new phine equipped and ready with more pictures of progress ti keep you updated,
        First up i sat one cold evening in front of the tv and made a captive style release for tbe front of the fuselage out of old bent and no longer needed helicopter spare parts, the end result looks ok to me,
        The other big progress is that i have made a rudder servo tray that includes the idler for the pull pull wires, i also have elevator pushrods amd serbo rails ready for final length adjustments? The last piece of progress is the fuselage split is now cut through and i can take the back half of the fuselage off and finish all the servo mounting and pushrod set up

Comment

You're back!!!!!!

I was wondering if you had already finished and were out busy flying it at the field. lol

Thanks for the update, its become a habit watching your progress.

Len
          Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Last night after work and this morning before work saw the fun of skinning begin, extremely happy with the result so far

Comment

I'd love to build this! I wouldn't have to buy a new pilot

Comment

Progress shots from today, wing mounting blind nuts are in and are now in use for the fuselage to be bolted down getting ready for the bottom skin, all those amazing supports that were part of the formers are now removed aswell, tomorrow I'm off to pick up more ply to get stuck into the bottom skin, going to put a little safety lock on tbe screw that is the clevis pin of the elevator horns also?as they wont be easy to get too after,
                Last edited by Alexis Scott; 11-07-2016, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Before work i snuck in an our on the big bird

Comment

Update from this morning

Comment

Looks like it's coming along nicely. Do I spy a Brown B-1 in the background of your 09 Nov 16 pic? I'm a huge Golden Age Race Plane fan!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ARUP View Post
                        Looks like it's coming along nicely. Do I spy a Brown B-1 in the background of your 09 Nov 16 pic? I'm a huge Golden Age Race Plane fan!!!!
                        It sure is, thats was built by a mate whos no longer with us about 35 years ago and is unique or special at least in that the fuselage is built from braised aluminium tubing with wooden stringers, its special to me because i was present the one and only time it flew as a very young man, when the buolder passed away his children had no attachment to his models and were planning to dump everything, until convinced that lots of people like myself would be happy to pay and preserve his collection, I purchased tbe three things i was most sentimsntally attached too and have just recently sold the last two things to good freinds for exactly what I paid for them a few years ago, i sild them knowing they would not get destroyed and have a better chance of getting airborne again with people who love them as much as me, and yes I also love the early racers

Comment

Another quick one from late last night after work, since this picture ive shaped tbe balsa further and now have filler drying on it all so i can get it ready to glass

Comment

Not much to tell you today other than the fuselage as you see it currently weighs 10kg including all the servos, so I'm thrilled with that, tonight I glassed the nose cone and made a simple dash as Im resisting going nuts on little internal details this time.

Comment

Thats a big airplane!!!

Someone once said, bigger just fly's better.
                              Len Buffinton
                              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Dash panel ✔skid bolted in ✔basic seat✔seat belt slots in main bulkead✔ nose cone made in fiberglass and a secure method of attachment made using the pitot tube ✔ all fairly simple stuff, wirth noticing I suppose is that the dash panel is attached to the varbon fibre plate that slides into rails for easy cover up and access

Comment

Working...
                                X