1/2 scale Lo100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 scale Lo100

Well I've been in the workshop a reasonable amount lately, i figured it was about time i shared the project with you all,.im lucky enough to be building a pre-production fuselage and tail kit from rc-plans.com.au of the Vogt Lo100 in half scale, 😎 here is a few pictures to start the thread

Attached Files

tried to fix the picture a bit, now seeing triple. Lol.

Thanks for the update Alexis, she's a beauty.
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by lenb View Post
      tried to fix the picture a bit, now seeing triple. Lol.

Thanks for the update Alexis, she's a beauty.
      Atleast its the right way up, 😎 thankyou

Comment

Update time, So now I have made a pair of bridal position tow releases for either side of the cockpit, I have the rudder internals built and the fin is skinned in .8mm ply, the wing cores are now cut also so now I can arrange my wing attachments before ply covering the fuselage

Comment

Rudder is now has skin on one side, in the morning before work kIm hoping to get the other side stuck on and pressing until I get back from work late tomorrow night, small steps

Comment

Almpst All done with rudder until covering, just some sanding and filling then tbe first part will be ready for surface finishing

Comment

Thanks for the thread Alexis. Gorgeous plane! Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Comment

Tail end progress, today the leading edge and top of the fin bave been trimmed and sanded closer to their final shape and the tailplane is now all glued up as a frame work ready for the skin, ive put hard points into tbe mounting area, tbe front has a 20x10mm channel in tbe box and the rear mount is filled with laminted spruce as its a bit thinner.
                Before i stopped for the afternoon i started setting up the .8 ply skins for the stab because tbe tail is longer tban tbe 4' sheets I trimmed tbe sheet to fit tbe second to last rib each side making the joins in tbe ply out near the end in the lower load area and also making the joins the same on each side and by cutting tbe cut off piece in half i can do the complete top side with minimal waste

Comment

Neat sailplane and build! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ARUP View Post
                    Neat sailplane and build! Thanks!
                    Thankyou 😎im glad you like it, tonight tbe tailplane has been skun, not sure if ill get time to do the elevators tommorow, i thought it was about time i shared tbe color scheme ive chosen, ive had the desire tk build an Lo gor so long and after many hoirs trawling the web for info this is my chosen aircraft that im hoping o will do justice to

Comment

Tailplane now bolts up nice and tight, very happy, lets see if i can get leading edges on and sanded before i have to run off to work
                      Last edited by Alexis Scott; 09-13-2016, 02:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

You gonna put the smoke generators on it? That color scheme is really pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by ARUP View Post
                          You gonna put the smoke generators on it? That color scheme is really pretty!
                          I have one pair, that yes i will be using eventually, if I can find more i will definitly be keen to have them as a regular thing

Comment

I think I have just about sorted the elevator horns, the real Lo has service hatches either side that line up with the elevator linkage im.wondering if ill be able to use them to help me with field assembly and connection of the pushed to horn,? Thinking perhaps a bolt face out towards the hole from the horn tbat i could put the end of the pushed over then retain with nylock nut?/r clip? or please help with ideas ?

Comment

Maybe a 'pin and fork' method like as used on Art's (ingrahal) Cherokee?

Comment

Working...
                              X