What glider is that twin boom one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What glider is that twin boom one?

Hello everybody. My name is Ader Gotardo, living in Brazil and aeromodelist for 4 years. I started with depron build planes and now I'm moving on to scale planes. So, I want to build a glider. Recently I spot this twin boom glider on You Tube but there is not information about what this model is. I'll be glad if somebody help me to find out it name. Thanks you. Best Regards.

Hi Ader.
    Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you aboard.
    Looking at the image and quickly flipping though a reference book, I can't come up with much for twin tailed sailplane that resemble that one. In fact, there are few twin tailed sailplanes in general. I image the aerodynamic penalty for the extra boom is the reason.
    I'm hopping one of the experts on this forum will be able to help identify the plane if in fact it is a sailplane and not a modified power plane.

I look forward to hearing more about you're sailplanes

Len
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• adergotardo
      adergotardo commented
      Editing a comment
      Len, appreciated your attention. Thanks a lot.

Ader,

Welcome to ScaleSoaring.com. I see you joined by our "Sign Up" function on Facebook. I moved your post to the main page feed so that all 3200+ members can have a look. Between here at the forums and over there, somebody will have good leads for you.

Steve

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• adergotardo
      adergotardo commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve, I can't express myself in words how glad I'm for your kindness. Thank you very much.

Mistery solved! That is a Holste 20-P1. Answered in Youtube.

Comment

Oh Great. Now I want one too! ;-)
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

That's a neat looking one. Go ahead Ader and Steve, I Dare you,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no, I DOUBLE DARE YOU
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

There's no plans in internet of this glider. It's a 1940's french design… The guy on Youtube built his glider 20 years ago… But I'll try it.

Comment

Very nice model and quite unusual !

Comment

Originally posted by adergotardo View Post
              There's no plans in internet of this glider. It's a 1940's french design… The guy on Youtube built his glider 20 years ago… But I'll try it.

You Da MAN Ader!!!

Post a thead on it for sure.
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Hits on Wikipedia. http://www.retroplane.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=54470 http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/foru...?topic=18296.0

Comment

Working...
                X