Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi everyone! My name is John Sager and I have been flying gliders for a while now, mostly electric, some winched, old woodies, and some F3K. Last year I tried aero-tow for the first time down in Owatonna at Sledwerks, I had a small little scale glider that I bought used earlier that summer specifically for aero-tow that unfortunately, suffered a structural wing failure mid-flight and landed in the adjacent corn field where it stayed for three weeks until I found it again, Needless to say its not gonna fly again and I don't have another tow-able glider yet but I'm hooked on aero-tow, I want to go bigger and fly again soon.

I'm all registered for and going to be coming out to the Horizon Aerotow in June, so I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you there and seeing many of the large scale gliders like I saw down at Sledwerks. I will be flying right from a work conference in Las Vegas to the Aero-tow and thus will be coming out sans sailplanes (I didn't have any to bring anyway) just to watch and hang out to chat with and enjoy the big birds in the sky.

Hope to see you a lot of you there!

John

HI John.
    Welcome to the forums.
    You have a great group of guy there in the Sledworks crew. Horizon will be a fun event, if you're looking for a particular type sailplane there may be opportunity to acquire one and fly it there.

I look forward to meeting you, please make sure you stop by the trailer and say hi.

Len
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

That’s what I have been told, but after talking to the guys that I know are going they already have limited room and they are bringing home some additional kits that they are picking up there so it’s going to really depend on finding a way to get it home since I’m also flying back and not driving. Things will work out and if they don’t it’s alright I’m sure there will be a next year somewhere and I’ll have an opportunity then.

Ill definitely stop by and say hello!

John

Comment

John,

It is always great to meet some new faces, if you want some stick time come to see me you are more than welcome to test in flight my planes, I have a wireless buddy box, making it really easy to give control safely to anyone.

Stéphane
        Stéphane
        Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Originally posted by French1 View Post
          John,

It is always great to meet some new faces, if you want some stick time come to see me you are more than welcome to test in flight my planes, I have a wireless buddy box, making it really easy to give control safely to anyone.

Stéphane
          I'll be sure to stop by and say hello!

Comment

Howdy from KY! I remember seeing you at Owatonna. See you at Horizon! You can try your hand with my birds, too!

Comment

Welcome to the group John. I am new to the group as well and have spent the last couple weeks perusing build threads as I move away from powered planes to large scale soaring. I peronslally have never flown a sailplane but have flown power for many years. I love warbirds but the cost of building a large scale warbird is simply outrageous nowadays, so the thought to move to soaring was particularly enticing. For the cost of a single 1/4 scale warbird (airframe, engine, retracts, and hardware) it seems one could build three 1/3 scale sailplanes fully equipped (or very close). To me that is a big draw. I have no problem building a tug of my own so that I am never without a tow so again that is money well spent.

I'm sure you are going to enjoy the process and time time outdoors. To me the relaxation of building and flying something like a sailplane makes it all worth it.

John
              John Martin
              Tega Cay, SC

Comment

Working...
              X