No announcement yet.

New guy in SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent from everyone. It was exactly as I suspected. I planned on working spoiler as a throttle on powered planes. Stick forward = spoilers closed and vice versa. I appreciate the information. Got my plans printed out this week. One perk to working as a CAD guy in an engineering office is unlimited access to a large format Oce' plotter. Makes short work of printing stuff. Actually printed out a Slingsby Swallow, Rhonsperber, Hall Cherokee, Airspeed Tern, Weihe, Fafnir, Spalinger 25a, and a Zlin 24 Krajanek. I was sure I was going to do the Swallow first but am going to look at all the plans this weekend and choose a starting plane.

I like the lines of the Rhonsperber and Weihe a LOT. The Tern is pretty cool looking too but only 25% scale. The Spalinger is nice with it's double cockpit and gull wing. I thimk I'm leaning towards the Weihe or the Rhonsperber. A Slingsby Cadet or Prefect wouldn't be hard partly due to a low parts count for a first scale plane. So many choices.
    John Martin
    Tega Cay, SC

Comment

If you build really 'old timey' sailplanes then you don't have to worry about spoilers!

Comment

Working...
      X